GCStar import issue

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Sat Mar 6 02:40:21 GMT 2021

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 6:57 PM Michael Wegemer <michael.wegemer at gmail.com>
wrote:

> When importing GCStar files into Tellico, Tellico leaves the articles
> normally appended at the end of the title in parenthesis. Tellico does
> not use parenthesis (only a comma).

> The extra parenthesis seem to
> prevent update of information from other data sources. By updating the
> title to reemove the parenthesis I can get the update function to work
> most of the time.

Which data source are you using for the update? I should probably adjust it
so that parentheses are removed when doing a search.

> Now that the titles have been imported incorrectly is
> there a way to bulk change the titles to remove the parenthesis from
> (The) and (A).

No, Tellico doesn't currently have a Find/Replace functionality. That's
probably something I should look at adding eventually. If you just do it
manually, you could add a filter for (The) to show you the entries you have
to edit. Sorry I can't suggest anything better!