New user: importing ISBNs issue

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Fri Jul 9 19:31:54 BST 2021

On Fri, 9 Jul 2021 11:01:34 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at twodogs.us> wrote:

Hello Rich,

>1) When I invoke Tellico there's a message box telling me it cannot load
>library.tc. I assume this is where books are stored. Where would I find
>it and how do I create it?

I'm not an expert when it comes to Tellico, but the .tc suffix is usually
how Tellico labels user databases. Therefore, it looks to me as though
you've either;

 a) got 'Reopen file at startup' set in prefs
and
 b) moved/renamed a database called library.tc

The combination of which means Tellico can't find the database, and
puts up the error message.

Potential cures would be to either;
 turn off "Reopen..."
 reinstate 'library.tc'
or
 select "Clear List" from File menu/Open recent....

The last one (clear list) is the option I'd go for.

--
 Regards  _
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"