New user: importing ISBNs issue

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Wed Jul 7 14:25:22 BST 2021

On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 7:44 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at twodogs.us> wrote:

> However, I create a new book collection, select Import -> CSV, select the
> file, assign the column name to ISBN#, and click the Import button.
>
> The empty result is in the attached image.

That's as expected. Your books only have ISBN value, with no titles, so
they show up with empty titles. If you select any of them, you can see the
associated ISBN value. There's just no other associated information. You
can select one and right-click or use command "Update Entry..." and some of
your data sources can use the ISBN value to populate other things like
title and author.