Amazon search in Tellico will not work after March 9

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Wed Feb 12 01:46:10 GMT 2020

Hi all,

Just a note that Amazon search will stop working in Tellico on or after
March 9, 2020. Tellico has been using their Product Advertising API v4, and
they're going to shutdown v4 down in favor of v5. There's a FAQ about the
change at https://webservices.amazon.com/paapi5/documentation/faq.html and
more info in general at https://webservices.amazon.com/paapi5/documentation/

I've been working on updating Tellico to use the new API. It's been
challenging since I don't actually have access to it with Amazon throttling
usage depending on how many sales are made using tracking numbers. I'm
basing the new code off the documentation and examples which, as any
programmer might tell you, is rather dangerous. :)

In any case, just be aware of the impending "breakage" if you do use
Tellico for searching Amazon. And if anyone does have extra API access
calls in their quota and you want to share a key with me so I can test the
code, let me know (privately)!