Learning XSL

Bruno Cornec bruno at victoria.frmug.org
Sat Oct 6 00:23:20 BST 2018

Hello,

On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 04:59:09PM +0200, Xavier Brochard wrote:
> https://userbase.kde.org/Tellico#XSLT_processing
> and https://userbase.kde.org/Tellico/DefaultFields

Thanks Xavier for sharing, interesting as I wasn't aware of that wiki.

> might help for further changes.

Maybe. I'm trying to understand how I could use the xsl part of tellico
directly in tellico2html instead of hardcoding the style sheet (not a
big issue, but may help others than me).

Especially looking at where the "label" field is coming from in wine,
whereas it's cover in other files. While cover is documented in
https://userbase.kde.org/Tellico/DefaultFields, label isn't :-(

BTW, all template examples mentioned here https://userbase.kde.org/Tellico/Templates
are refering to a now non-existant web site :-(

What I'm trying to understand (excuse my lack of detailed xsl knowledge)
is whether I could use the xsl files already provided by tellico to
generate my Template::Toolkit perl template that is currently fixed.
Especially reuse the css part I see in the example templates provided.

Is tere an easy way using either xsltproc or even better the
XML::LibXSLT perl module to extract that info from the tellico files and
add that to the perl template, making iit even more compatible.

Of course, you can tell me to pass more time learning xsl and that would
be a fair answer ;-)

Greetings,
Bruno.
--