Learning XSL

Urban Planet urbanplanet.manticore at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 17:38:49 BST 2018

As we like the Album template more than the others, we thought that we
could apply that template for Books.  The system message told us not, but
we change the type of collection to '4'  in the tellico xml file that is
inside of the .tc
Then, we could view the book entries with the album template, but without
the nice functionality to be able to see each entry with Author + Title +
Year.

Well, we thought this was due that the internal name of the field shown in
the bar were "artist" and not "author".   Quickly we changed that internal
name in the xml file ("author" to "artist").

As a result, we lost thousands of data (all of Author field) from our book
database.  When we changed newly "artist" to "author" we could see that the
data were definitely lost.

Well, we used the backup file and then all was fine again.

But this means that if we want to modify the template, we must learn XSL,
isn't it?