Feature Requests

Bill Gee bgee at campercaver.net
Wed May 30 11:28:28 UTC 2018

Hi Robbie -

Thanks for the suggestions.  I will try out the sort suggestions.  Adding a
media column to the Album view did, indeed, also add it to the Group View
report.

When adding new albums from an external data source, the album name and artist
are often both mangled.  This is especially true of classical music which
comprises almost half of my 3600 albums.  The new entry is usually highlighted
in the albums list - but finding it among 3600 other entries is a needle/
haystack problem.  What I would like is some way to make sure the new entry is
visible.  Perhaps forcing the album list to scroll so the new entry is visible
..  Or selecting it - whether visible or not - so that a Ctrl-E will open it
for editing.

Someone had a suggestion to sort the album list by date created.  That's a
good idea which I will try the next time I add some entries.

And another feature request that just occurred to me:  For multi-media albums
it would be nice to have the track listing show which tracks are on which
media.  That might require some large changes in the data schema.

--
Bill Gee