Amazon API now requires being an Amazon Associate

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Sat Jul 8 01:34:03 UTC 2017

As it turns out, yes, the Amazon API terms of use now require users to
register as Amazon Associates.

=============================
https://forums.aws.amazon.com/ann.jspa?annID=4737

Dear PA API user,
We have an important update regarding the Amazon Product Advertising API
(“PA API”).

In order to improve the efficiency and ensure that the features offered
by the PA API which are most relevant to its users, we have restricted
the PA API access to only active Amazon Associates, effective June 01,
2017. In order to reinstate PA API use, you will need to have a valid
Amazon Associates account using the same email address used for the PA
API account. Please refer
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/latest/DG/becomingAssociate.html
to sign-up for the Amazon Associates Program.