[Tellico-users] Possible File Generation Change ?

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Tue Mar 22 00:52:13 UTC 2016

On 03/21/2016 11:16 AM, Matthew Soffen (tellico) wrote:
> I've a request that I think may be really handy as we go to more and more
> mobile devices.
>
> When doing the HTML output, Would it be possible to have the tool generate
> the HTML and allow for 2 CSS files (or have it as an option that can be
> selected)?
>
> Instead of just having "<style type="text/css">" in the file, Have the
> tool create 2 files  - One for Mobile and One for Desktop.  Or even one
> that does a more proportionate sized display ?

I had a working version once with the iUI toolkit that lent the exported
HTML a very iPhone-like look. That said, yes, I'll take any improvements
you can put together for the HTML export. Please feel free to send
suggested edits or if you do have a CSS file to include.

> I'll try to grok a reasonable mobile one together for you to use as a base
> line (Unless someone out there has a better handle on doing CSS) :)

 > One more minor change ?  Can you change <html> to <html lang="en"> ?

You can adjust the HTML export directly, through edits to the
tellico2html.xsl. You need to understand XSL, though, so that's a bit of
a barrier. If you copy the that file from the system-installed location,
you can put it in a local directory for each user, even.

Use the kde4-config command:
    kde4-config --path data
Add tellico/ to the first local path in there, and you can copy
tellico2html.xsl to that location and Tellico will use it.

For your specific lang="en" question, I'll have to play with that. I'm
not sure at the moment how to tell the XSL export to include it.