[Tellico-users] Tellico 2.9.91 Released ("3.0 beta1")

Rutger van Sleen djslash at djslash.org
Wed Jun 8 07:43:05 UTC 2016

On 09-04-2016 21:03, Regis Boudin wrote:
> On 07/04/16 01:37, Robby Stephenson wrote:
>> On 04/06/2016 06:45 AM, Rutger van Sleen wrote:
>>
>>> It got to: [ 98%] Linking CXX executable tellico
>>>
>>> And that's where I got stuck...
>>
>> Just from that error, it sounds like a dependency on libz wasn't
>> included in the linking or perhaps it was out of order, in a sense.
>> I'm not sure how to track that down, exactly. I've been compiling on
>> various versions of Frameworks, though I admit I do have 5.20
>> installed right now. From the message, you're using 5.16. I wonder if
>> it's something that might be fixed already somewhere...

The issue is still the same, now Debian is updated to 5.22. So, sadly,
not a fix there. While trying to figure things out, I added -lz in
in build/src/CMakeFiles/tellico.dir/link.txt and that made it to
complete the make. Unfortunately, trying to run tellico after that ends
in a Segmentation fault.

> As far as I see, it builds and runs fine with 5.16 on Debian unstable.
> I'm attaching the new debian directory to replace the one from the
> original tarball for those who might want to build packages.
>
> I currently have some issue preventing me from uploading packages in
> Debian ; but once it is sorted out I will start uploading the Tellico 3
> branch to experimental.

I wonder what is different in our setups that makes it not working for
me, as most required libs are on the same version in unstable and
testing, afaict.

Can I use your debian directory to find out differences?