[Tellico-users] suggests for urls in list view

Xavier Brochard xavier at alternatif.org
Thu May 28 15:25:44 UTC 2015

Hi Robby

In list view, a click on URL field pop up the edit window. This behaviour is
consistent with other fields. But, for that special field, I think it's logical
to open a web browser window.

But it need to be tested. Note that every collection software that I've tested
opens the Edit window (I've tested many of them, even some proprietary ones to
compare. Tellico, Data Crow and GCStar are far more powerful).

Reason for that request is that clickable urls are not allways directly
visible in the "record part" of the main window, depending on the Category of
the field.

Also, I don't think there is a need to display the whole url, which is often
unreadable with current web practices. May be only an icon ? For Amazon link
tellico's templates display only the "amazon link" text, not the url (but the
Amazon url is displayed in the list view).

regards,
Xavier