[Tellico-users] [wish] add Ctrl + L shortcut for the search field

Xavier Brochard xavier at alternatif.org
Thu May 21 07:52:46 UTC 2015

Le mercredi 20 mai 2015 17:37:54, vous avez écrit :
> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 12:39 PM, Xavier Brochard <xavier at alternatif.org>
wrote:
> > This is a little wish regarding user experience in the search window of
> > Tellico :
> > Add a shortcut for the search field.
> > I suggest Ctrl + L, which is the common shortcut for web browser url field
> > (Firefox, Chrome, Konqueror, etc.). It is used also by Dolphin for
> > location
> > bar.
> > While Tellico search field is different it is the main "interface" with
> > the
> > internet.
> > Hence, the Ctrl + L shortcut looks natural (at least for me !). And more,
> > is it often used to interact with software.
>
> The default is CTRL+F, but you can change it to CTRL+L with the
> "Configure Shortcuts" dialog. It's the "Filter" command.

It's not about Filtering. My english is that so poor ? :-)
When you add something using internet search, the pop up window has a Search
field. It's that Search field that need a shortcut.

Use case :
Open the Internet Search window, type in some keywords. Click on some results.
Then to return to the search field you can only use the mouse or erase all
search results.

Xavier