[Tellico-users] [bug] wrong error message in case of bug in xslt

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Thu May 21 00:12:56 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Xavier Brochard <xavier at alternatif.org> wrote:
> If there is an error in xslt file (like amazon2tellico.xslt), Tellico error
> message says "The search return no value".
> I don't know if this is intended or if it's a side effect
> A message like "value can't be decoded" looks more appropriate.

My thinking there is that the typical user doesn't care about a value
being decoded. All they need to know is that there was no search
result, for whatever reason. If you compile with debugging turned on
and run from the command-line you'll see output about an invalid
amazon2tellico.xslt file. I choose not to make that visible to the
user because my guess is that the large majority of users don't care
and don't know what to do about it anyway. :)