[Tellico-users] [wish] add Ctrl + L shortcut for the search field

Xavier Brochard xavier at alternatif.org
Tue May 19 19:39:20 UTC 2015

This is a little wish regarding user experience in the search window of
Tellico :
Add a shortcut for the search field.
I suggest Ctrl + L, which is the common shortcut for web browser url field
(Firefox, Chrome, Konqueror, etc.). It is used also by Dolphin for location
bar.
While Tellico search field is different it is the main "interface" with the
internet.
Hence, the Ctrl + L shortcut looks natural (at least for me !). And more, is
it often used to interact with software.

Use case :
one wants to keep search results in the window but wants to search with a
different search string. Obviously the Erase shortcut is not what you want.

regards
--
Xavier Brochard
xavier at alternatif.org