[Tellico-users] Exporting tellico file from command line

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Tue Mar 17 11:06:42 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 11:52 PM, Louis-Philippe VĂ©ronneau
<tech at sogeecom.org> wrote:

> On 2015-03-16 21:16, Robby Stephenson wrote:
>> Depending on what kind of HTML you want, you can use xsltproc to convert the Tellico XML to HTML without opening Tellico. This command extracts
>> the XML, pipes it through xsltproc and the tellico2html.xsl shipped with Tellico to output HTML. (ALl on one line)
>>
>> unzip -p books.tc tellico.xml|xsltproc $(kde4-config --locate tellico/tellico2html.xsl --path data) - > tellico.html
>
> I was struggling with which XSL file to use, but this is very helpful. I've tweaked it a bit to output a nice list grouped by authors, but it seems
> to have a bit of problem with non ASCII characters. Anyway, I'll look at this another day.

Some of the Tellico .xsl files use options passed to xsltproc with
--param which can tweak the fields being output among other things.
The character encoding issue surprises me since it should be the same
process that Tellico uses internally. I'll test that myself to see if
I can spot a problem.