[Tellico-users] Merging Tellico frameworks branch into master

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Sun Jul 26 19:46:44 UTC 2015

On 07/01/2015 08:47 PM, Robby Stephenson wrote:
 > I plan to merge the Tellico frameworks branch into master soon,
 > probably this weekend. The master branch is currently KDE4/Qt4 based,
 > so this is a change to requiring Qt5 and KDE frameworks.

It took me longer than expected, but I just completed the transition.

On 07/02/2015 05:39 PM, Alexander Potashev wrote:
>> El Dijous, 2 de juliol de 2015, a les 09:54:56, Alexander Potashev va
>> escriure:
>>> If you are not going to develop for Qt4/KDELibs4 in the master branch
>>> anymore, it may be easier to _rename_ the frameworks branch into
>>> master.
>>
>> I disagree, merging frameworks to master is safer, that way you're sure you
>> don't miss anything that may have been in master but not in frameworks.
>
> It depends on the number of commits in these branches after they diverge.

I didn't have too many commits in master. I chose to do a merge.

Should I remove the frameworks branch altogether? What's the right way
to do that, if so?

On 07/02/2015 02:54 AM, Alexander Potashev wrote:
 > You need to update the i18n setup at
 > https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/office/tellico on the
 > Settings->Repository page. If you have only one branch "master" with
 > KF5-based code, then assign "i18n trunk branch (KF5)" to "master" and
 > set all others to "none". Please notify in kde-i18n-doc when this is
 > done, so that we can move the existing translations.

This has been done. Translators, would you please make the appropriate
moves? Thanks!

On 07/02/2015 04:48 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
 > Make sure logical-module-structure in kde:kde-build-metadata is
 > correct.

Done. I set stable-qt4 and latest-qt4 both to the 2.3 branch, rather
than having an empty string for latest-qt4, mimicking what I saw most
other projects doing in logical-module-structure.

Thanks for the help everyone. Let me know if there's anything else I
should do or if I messed anything up.