[Tellico-users] compiling -DENABLE_WEBCAM=true

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Thu Sep 19 04:37:18 UTC 2013

On 09/13/2013 04:55 AM, thomas fourmond wrote:
> I'm trying to compile Tellico from source with " -DENABLE_WEBCAM=true"
> I follow this HOWTO : http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Tellico/Compiling
>
> $|cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix`
> -DENABLE_WEBCAM=true|
>
> Compilation ok, install too,  but ... how use it, where is the tools in
> interface ?

The webcam support in Tellico is a bit old. But if you successfully
compiled it, make sure it's enabled in the settings as well. And then
when you open up the Internet Search dialog, a new video window will pop
up so you can scan ISBN codes.

The webcam device has to be /dev/video0 (or
/sys/class/video4linux/video0/dev) That's hard coded at the moment.