[Tellico-users] Tellico under windows

Jens Seidel jensseidel at users.sf.net
Mon Mar 11 23:04:25 UTC 2013

Am 11.03.2013 23:09 schrieb "Andrea Randazzo" <randazzo.andrea at gmail.com>:
> However, if I close the program, reopen it, reload a previosly saved
collection and modify it, tellico is not able to save the file to disk. If
I use the save as option by using a different filename, the file is
correctly saved.
> Any hint on where the problem could be?

Just a wild guess but I think the reason is a strange Windows behaviour: A
open file cannot (by default) be saved (or deleted, ...). This is also true
for other programs, e.g. LaTeX cannot update a PDF file as long as it is
opened. The solution should be closing the file handle in Tellico first or
to use different flags for opening the file.

The patch is probably trivial but has to be done in the source ...

Jens