[Tellico-users] tellico 2.3.8 compile errors and other stuff

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Thu Aug 1 01:06:21 UTC 2013

Hi Mmichael,

Thanks for your email!

On 07/30/2013 01:12 PM, Michael Jahn wrote:
> 1. I can't compile 2.3.8 (but 2.3.7, which I am using atm), errorlog:
> http://pastebin.com/CP3Gw9we

That's a weird compile error, in code that hasn't changed in several
years. Was there anything in the CMake output prior to that that might
indicate an issue?

My first guess, just from looking at the output, might be in
tellico/src/3rdparty/pilotdb/portability.h
If you replace
#include "config.h
with
#include <config.h>
does that make the compile complete? That's kinda weird that 2.3.7 would
compile and not 2.3.8. Nothing changed in that whole directory, I don't
think.

> 2. It is not possible to copy (e.g. a books comment) with Control-c in
> the Search-Window, neither is there a context entry for it. So it would
> be nice to have this feature.

I see that. Will fix it.

> 3. I am mostly searching a couple of ISBN entries at once, but sometimes
> it shows me ISBN's that allegedly are not found, but they were found.

Which data source?

> 4. Rarely the search results are not cleared correctly (few results
> still remain). But after a second click on "Clear" all results are
> gone.

That could be irritating, if you figure out how to reproduce it, let me
know. I'll play with it a bit and see what I see.

> 5. Searching/Filtering a ISBN in your own Catalogue is annoying, because
> you must insert the "-" between the numbers.

Ah, indeed. Tellico saves the data as entered by the user, so two
"equal" ISBNs could have different text. Let me muse on that and see if
I can implement a custom search for ISBN values.

> 6. It would be really really nice to have an autosave function, I had 2
> crashes, in which i invested ~30min to fill the catalouge without saving and
> ends in a crash. That was quite annoying.

Tellico crashed? Any chance you can reproduce that? :) I hate crashing
bugs with a passion...but yes, autosave would have been of benefit. Let
me poke around to see if KDE itself has a solution.

> And at least, I'm really happy to found such a nice Catalogue Software
> (which still has few weak points). And I really appreciate your work.

Thanks for the feedback!