[Tellico-users] Amazon lookups stopped working

Bruno Cornec bruno at victoria.frmug.org
Sun Sep 23 17:37:30 UTC 2012

Hello,

On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 10:18:06PM -0700, Robby Stephenson wrote:
> On 09/05/2012 04:22 AM, Bruno Cornec wrote:
> >The result is here:
> ><?xml version="1.0"?>
> ><ItemSearchErrorResponse xmlns="http://ecs.amazonaws.com/doc/2011-08-01/"><Error><Code>RequestThrottled</Code><Message>Request from blacklis t_ARWQJC846MJ3N is throttled.</Message></Error><RequestId>b33a61c7-0a89-452f-9b32-6359f736cd75</RequestId></ItemSearchErrorResponse>
> >
> >Seems I'm blacklisted, but I have no idea how.when it happened. Any idea
> >on that ?
>
> This may be a different issue than before. Are you an Amazon
> reseller? Even if you're not, you may have been blacklisted by
> mistake.
> https://forums.aws.amazon.com/ann.jspa?annID=1590

I have asked since for being whitelisted, and it sems it works. This
week-end I was again able to have access to Amazon content.

> The first thing you could try is to put your associate id into
> Tellico's config settings, if you haven't already. The default value
> is tellico-20 and that may be what everyone will need to update.

I have also done that, so I'm unsure which worked, but now with my own
id and the request to be whitelisted it works (wasn't working earlier
when just using my own id alone).

So a happy tellico user again ;-)
Bruno.
--