[Tellico-users] One small annoyance with tellico

Bruno Cornec bruno at victoria.frmug.org
Tue Oct 2 20:54:21 UTC 2012

Hello Robby and ther tellicists,

On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 07:07:47AM -0700, Robby Stephenson wrote:
> On 09/30/2012 04:01 AM, Bruno Cornec wrote:
> >Sometimes when importing CDs from FreeDB, when there are multiple discs in
> >the set, tellico import *all* tracks of all CDs in each CD, instead of
> >just taking the ones related to the current CD.
> >
> >I just made again an import with the Giulio Cesare of Minkowski (3 CDs)
> >and got 82 tracks with text, and only the first one with duration.
>
> I can check that. Having an example is good. Can you do a search on
> freedb.org and let me know what the disc ID is for that set? Is it
> this one? http://www.freedb.org/freedb/misc/180c5912 With the Disc
> ID, I can debug it easier.

Well, I tried that before sending my mail in fact, and I was surprised
to see that none of the discs available on freedb.org was indeed used !
The content I get is the one from MusicBrain, not the one from
FreeDB.org.

It's not that content BTW, as my CDS have 28, 31 and 24 tracks, not 17
as mentioned upper :-(

I found it on MusicBrainz at
http://musicbrainz.org/release/39ee80e3-64c0-3406-9f4b-99c2694009aa

> >Looking at it, it seems that tellico uses the Musicbrain entry, and not
> >the FreeDB one (which doesn't contain the same text BTW) to fill the
> >content.
> >
> >Should I disable MusicBrain to avoid that ? Is it an expected behaviour
> >?
>
> I don't think it's tied to MusicBrainz, but it's been a while since
> I wrote that code, so maybe I forgot what I did. Tellico does read
> the CDText as well as query Freedb, so if the disc has cdtext, then
> it gets read.

I dont think it has CD text on it. Nothing was reported when I queried
for it.

Thanks for your answer,
Bruno.
--