[Tellico-users] exempi.SlackBuild

Thomas Ronayne ronayne.thomas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 15:08:00 UTC 2011

Are you sure you're compiling the 64-bit version of Tellico?

If you copy-paste this into a shell prompt (and hit the enter key),
you'll see the ARCH value:

    if [ -z "$ARCH" ]; then
       case "$( uname -m )" in
         i?86) ARCH=i486 ;;
         arm*) ARCH=arm ;;
            *) ARCH=$( uname -m ) ;;
       esac
    fi
    echo ${ARCH}

    x86_64

The above is the top section of tellico-SlackBuild that automagically
sets the ARCH value -- and the Tellico build will look in the right
places for libraries.

The section of the SlackBuild right below the above is where compiler
flags and the search path gets set; i.e.,

    if [ "$ARCH" = "i486" ]; then
         SLKCFLAGS="-O2 -march=i486 -mtune=i686"
         LIBDIRSUFFIX=""
    elif [ "$ARCH" = "i686" ]; then
         SLKCFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686 -mtune=i686"
         LIBDIRSUFFIX=""
    elif [ "$ARCH" = "x86_64" ]; then
         SLKCFLAGS="-O2 -fPIC"
         LIBDIRSUFFIX="64"
    else
       SLKCFLAGS="-O2"
       LIBDIRSUFFIX=""
    fi

If you watch Tellico as it compiles, you should see the "-O2 -fPIC"
flags on any of the C or CC compile lines that are displayed. And you do
not need to edit anything in tellico.Slackbuild for that to happen.

If you're using AlienBob's multilib package I cannot imagine that it
would cause this -- the linker is only going to look in /lib64 and
/usr/lib64 during a 64-bit compile (far as I know, anyway).

Only other thing I can think of is if you've defined LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
search first in /lib and /usr/lib or your /etc/ld.so.conf file may be
defined that way?

Hope this helps some.

A riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.