[Tellico-users] Filtering by date

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Wed Oct 26 02:44:31 UTC 2011

On Monday 24 October 2011, Domenico Cerbone wrote:
> Hi all! I need to filter a set of records before a certain date. How can
> I do?

Ah, well, there's no easy way at the moment. The collection has fields for
creation date and modified date, but the filter choices are a bit limited.

For example, if you wanted to see all the books you added in 2010, you can
open up the filter dialog and use "Date Created" contains 2010. If you wanted
all before 2011, it would get complicated with a regex, something like "Date
Created" matches regexp (2008|2009|2010). Using months or days would get
more complicated...

If you just want to sort entries, maybe, you can right-click on the column
header and show the creation date field, then click that column to sort on
it.

In light of your question, adding a filter for "before" and "after" is
probably a good idea, eh? :) I should get on that...