[Tellico-users] Tellico 2.3.4 Released

Bruno Cornec bruno at victoria.frmug.org
Sun Oct 9 23:54:46 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 10:18:20PM -0700, Robby Stephenson wrote:
> > > http://tellico-project.org/tellico-234-released
> >
> > Thanks for this. I think there is a regression in that version. In the
> > table given by tellico (for my CDs) I have a boolean filed which i
> > alwyas given as true, whereas there are true/false values.
>
> In the column view, right?  Yeah, I do see that. It's certainly a regression
> in 2.3.4, just fixed it for the next release. (I wrote it in KDE bug 283444
> just so I can track it)

Thanks ! Will push that patch to both Mandriva and Mageia.

> > I have also noted an annoying aspect for me: I organize precisely the
> > fields I want to display in that table (order, choice, size), and vry
> > frequently, it's completely reset by tellico. Generally, each time I
> > change of .tc file, using a different display for the table, the new one
> > loaded tend to use the one of the previous. But I'm not sure it's
> > systematic. However, very frequently, that info is scrambbled. Would it
> > be possible to store it in the tc file e.g ? Would also allow to use the
> > save feature when you modify the display, even without changing content
> > (which is not done at the moment).
>
> Ah, you're still talking about the column view in the top right? Or
> something in the editor or entry view? I'll see if I can spot that, but if
> you can figure someway to trigger the bug, that would be a big help.

Sorry, the column view yes.
My way to trigger it is each time I import a CD into my database from a
CDDB read, the columns tend to be changed and go back to the previous
one.

Also a good proof it's not saved as part of the tc file, is that if you
open a collection, and just change a width of a column, you cannot save
the "new" collection, with just the new layout, no new content.

Hope this clarifies,
Bruno.
--
Des infos sur la musique ancienne  -- http://www.musique-ancienne.org