[Tellico-users] test git repository for Tellico

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Mon Mar 7 01:58:08 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

As some of you may know, most (if not all) of the KDE software is moving to
use a git repository, rather than svn. kdelibs has already moved, for
example.

I'm planning to release Tellico 2.3.3 sometime around April 1, and then work
on transitioning the Tellico codebase to git after that. I've been working
with the tools for converting svn to git, and I have a test git repository
at git://anongit.kde.org/scratch/rstephenson/tellico.git You can browse it
at http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch%2Frstephenson%2Ftellico.git&a=summary

This is only a snapshot, I don't plan to commit any  code changes to it. I'm
just testing the conversion. Among other things, the doc/ subdirectory is
back, but isn't built yet. I'm still checking on how the KDE infrastructure
will be handling translations and documentation.

But that's my first shot, so if anyone wants to clone it and take a look,
please let me know if you see any problems.

Ideally, I'd like to go back and commit all the different versions of Tellico
before it moved to KDE svn. Since Tellico used to be hosted on Novell Forge,
which has since shutdown, I didn't keep any of the history. But I do have
all the old tarballs, so maybe I can figure out how to add those to the
history somehow. Any suggestions?