[Tellico-users] Re: barcode compilation issue

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Sat Feb 26 05:11:12 UTC 2011

On Friday 25 February 2011, Regis Boudin wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 17:38 -0500, Alex Lancaster wrote:
> > Thanks Regis,
> >
> > I'm doing some Fedora test builds now.  Will this patch be backwards
> > compatible?  i.e. will it be safe to commit to Fedora branches that
> > have kernel version < 2.6.38?
>
> It definitely should be. Since what it does is use the header from
> libv4l instead of the kernel, it actually makes the whole thing
> completely kernel-version agnostic.
>
> It would probably be a good idea to convert the barcode reader to v4l2,
> though, which has been in the kernel for years.

With libv4l 0.6.4  (which came out just over a year ago), the libv4l1-
videodev.h header doesn't exist. So I think we'll need to include a version
check for libv4l. I guess if I were smart, I'd figure out cmake magic to
check for kernel < 2.6.38 or libv4l >= 0.8 and include the appropriate
headers, rather than hard-coding the libv4l version check only. I'm not sure
how to do that, though.