[Tellico-users] Re: barcode compilation issue

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 23 01:17:31 UTC 2011

> Thanks Regis,
>
> That seems to fix the GCC 4.6. issue. Now I appear to have another
> compilation issue,
> this time something to do with the v4l and the barcode support:
>> fatal error: linux/videodev.h: No such file or directory
>
> Full log here:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=2858983&name=build.log
>
> the packages and libraries used for compilation are here:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=2858983&name=root.log
>
> Any ideas? Did they change the v4l API or somesuch?

Ah, it looks like in kernel 2.6.38 and later "/usr/include/linux/videodev.h"
has been replaced by "/usr/include/linux/videodev2.h"

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/builds/show/F-devel-x86_64/kernel-headers/0/2.6.38/0.rc5.git1.1.fc15/x86_64

Is this as simple as changing videodev.h to videodev2.h?  Or is there
an API change?

Alex