[Tellico-users] Re: Issues with compilation of tellico with new gcc?

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Fri Feb 18 14:56:27 UTC 2011

On Thursday 17 February 2011, Alex Lancaster wrote:
> /builddir/build/BUILD/tellico-2.3.2/src/3rdparty/pilotdb/libpalm/Block.h
> :32:14: error: 'ptrdiff_t' does not name a type
>
> Is this a known problem with the newer GCC?

It appears to be an issue for multiple applications and libraries, that GCC
4.6 removed some include statements that were previouusly in library
headers.

I believe I'll just need to add
#include <cstddef>
to every file that uses ptrdiff_t

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-February/148523.html

Can you give that a shot and let me know if it builds then? I doubt I'll
have gcc 4.6 available to me for a bit.