[Tellico-users] image storage

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 10:37:07 UTC 2011

What is the preferred choice for image storage?

I am storing the thumbnails in a directory relative to the data file.  This
is OK, except for two things.  One is that the three pane view, when you
click on a category, it is very slow, to the point of freezing the machine
for several seconds.  The other is that when you move the file to a
different machine, you have to manually edit the paths in the xml otherwise
its file not found, because the path is wrong, because it is
/home/otheruser/.

So should all the images be better stored in common application directory?
What exactly does this mean?

I know they cannot be stored in the file itself because there are just too
many and it would be impossibly slow.

If they should be in a common application directory, is there a quick method
of changing the settings and moving them over without having to do it one by
one?

thanks

Peter