[Tellico-users] Bug 237618 in allocine fetcher

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Mon May 31 00:22:23 UTC 2010

On Saturday 29 May 2010, Mathias Monnerville wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2010/5/29 Robby Stephenson <robby at periapsis.org>:
> > Did you want me to commit my patch as well, to allow searching without
> > accent marks? Right now, the allocine unit test doesn't pass for me
> > with just your patch. Does searching for "Opération tonnerre" work for
> > you?
>
> Yes. I made several successful tests with accent marks. The
> "Opération tonnerre" search does work for me.

So I guess the question is basically how to allow both utf-8 and non-utf8
(latin-1) to be used for the search parameter, right? Since you're using
utf8 on your system, it works for you, where it won't for me, since I'm
using latin-1. Maybe some sort of try clause for converting to unicode,
similar to what you had?

> But applying your patch as well may be a good
> idea, as long as searches with accent marks can be performed as well.

Right, that's a separate question and I'll leave it up to you.