[Tellico-users] Modifying data for a lot of items at once is slow

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Mon Jan 4 02:08:24 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 22 December 2009, Marc Cousin wrote:
> The problem is that usually volume name isn't what I would have liked. So
>  I then have to selects all new files, and edit them, then set the new
>  volume name. And then saving the volume name for 1000 entries takes
>  around 3 to 5 minutes (on an intel Core 2 quad…)

I think I've been able to cut that time in half if you currently have the
volume name as the group field on the left. Even better, if the volume name
hasn't been used to group the fields yet, the time to save the edit should
be about 100x time faster now.

I think I coded that part a long time ago, back in my young and ignorant
days! :)