[Tellico-users] Searching for DVDs with Amazon Japan

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Thu Apr 29 03:49:31 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 28 April 2010, Malcolm Reid wrote:
> On 28/04/10 12:37, Robby Stephenson wrote:
> > I do get results for that search for Tellico 2.2. But all of them
> > appear to be VHS. That's what your original question was about, right?
>
> Yes, that's the problem. It seems like Amazon is only searching for VHS
> results, not "Media" results.
> I know Japan was still releasing new titles on VHS until a year or so
> ago, but I've no idea if that had any knock-on effects on the Japanese
> search API

I posted a question on the Amazon API forum.
http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/thread.jspa?threadID=45729&tstart=0

If I can't figure out why no DVD results are being returned, I'll switch the
search to use just the Amazon DVD index and not the combined DVD/VHS set. I
would guess that fewer people search for VHS than for DVD :)