[Tellico-users] Cmake problems

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Mon Sep 14 08:49:50 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Bob Apthorpe <apthorpe at cynistar.net> wrote:

> Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 5:32 AM, Robby Stephenson<robby at periapsis.org> wrote:
>>> I think you're going to need the development packages.  Something along the
>>> lines of libkde4-dev , I think. I'm not sure what they're called on kubuntu.
>>
>> kdelibs5-dev
>>
>> Other packages needed to build Tellico: libxml2-dev, libxslt1-dev
>>
>> Other optional packages: kdebase-runtime, libpoppler-qt4-dev,
>> libyaz3-dev, libexempi-dev, libksane-dev, libkcddb-dev
>
> I gave the pre2 tarball a go under Eeebuntu (netbook distro of Ubuntu)
> and got the following:
>
> $ cmake src
> CMake Error at core/CMakeLists.txt:16 (KDE4_ADD_KCFG_FILES):
>  Unknown CMake command "KDE4_ADD_KCFG_FILES".

Are you use you have kdelibs5-dev installed? KDE4_ADD_KCFG_FILES is
defined in KDE4Macros.cmake, which is in the kdelibs5-dev package.

pgquiles at z53j:~$ apt-file search KDE4Macros.cmake
kdelibs5-dev: /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/KDE4Macros.cmake

> CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
>  No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as
>
>    cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)
>
>  should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be
> lower
>  if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
>  information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
> This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.
>
> - -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
> [1]    24339 exit 1     cmake src
> $ cmake -Wno-dev src
> CMake Error at core/CMakeLists.txt:16 (KDE4_ADD_KCFG_FILES):
>  Unknown CMake command "KDE4_ADD_KCFG_FILES".
>

> - -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
> [1]    24686 exit 1     cmake -Wno-dev src
>
> - ----
>
> Eeebuntu has kdelibs5 installed plus the dev packages listed above; as
> much as I'd like to believe KDE5 is backwards-compatible to KDE4, I
> kinda doubt it. Any hints? My next goal is to track down the svn source
> but the location wasn't obvious from the website.

It's not that "KDE5 is backwards-compatible to KDE4". KDE5 does not
exist. It's just that Debian packages for KDE4 are names "kde5" for
historical reasons.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org