[Tellico-users] Tellico 2.0pre2 Released

Robert Hancock reh at agelada.co.uk
Wed Sep 2 14:55:34 UTC 2009

On 02/09/2009 14:42, Robby Stephenson wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 September 2009, Robert Hancock wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have just succeeded building and running tellico-2.0pre2.
>> I can open and save existing data files, including modifying existing
>> entries. However, when I create a new entry, tellico exits with a
>> segmentation fault as soon as I try to save it.
>> (The KDE crash handler comes up but the developer information is
>> described as 'not useful'.)
>>
>> what more information should i try to provide?
>>
> If you recompile using the -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debug flag for the cmake
> command, the crash handler should have useful info. You can send that. And
> the exact steps that causes the crash? Does it matter what kind of
> collection?
>
> Robby

i have recompiled with debug. now the failure is different - in the
terminal where I start tellico it prints
ASSERT: "d" in file /usr/include/ksharedptr.h, line 126
KCrash: Application 'tellico' crashing...

but now it exits with an abort (signal 6) rather than a sigseg (signall
11). the crash information still appears uninteresting but here it is anyway
Application: Tellico (tellico), signal: Aborted
#0  0xb7f7d424 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0xb5d42650 in nanosleep () from /lib/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#2  0xb5d4248e in sleep () from /lib/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#3  0xb7e1e300 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libkdeui.so.5
#4  0x00000000 in ?? ()

for a sequence of events:
my-path-to-tellico/tellico
click 'new' menu button (or ctrl-N)
type anything into any of the boxes (1 will do)
click save button (or alt-V)
crash happens

this only happens when i open an existing collection - with a new
collection everything is fine. and since the only existing collection i
have is for books, i can't answer for the other types.

i hope the "assert d" is helpful. i can see if i can make a minimal
existing collection with the same properties, but that will take a while.

robert h.