[Tellico-users] Music data base, some (25%) UPC not recognized

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Fri Oct 23 03:23:00 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Thursday 22 October 2009, Axel Gerber wrote:
> Package: tellico
> Version: 2.0 4.3.2 (KDE 4.3.2), Gentoo
> Severity: grave

You really want your UPC values, eh? :)

> first of all, thank you so much for this nice pice of software which I
> hardly found in the past but later... I hope one day it'll be part of
> KDE-tree.

Thanks for the email.
> However, this report referrs to another issue:
> I have successfully setup the amazon data in Tellico and can find music
> CD's in amazon which can bei merged to the database successfully as well.
> However, I have many many UPC's which I cannot find. One example is "Taj
> Mahal" Phantom Blues. It is definately listed in amazon
> http://www.amazon.de/Phantom-Blues-Taj-Mahal/dp/B0000000M4 Again others I
> can definately find so basically it should work. However I even found it
> is a difference if I search in amazon-us or -de (latter one finds more).

So the UPC value is not found by Tellico using amazon.com but is found for
amazon.de? The different Amazon locales do provide different results, that's
just the way they do things.

If you could provide a few UPC examples which fail to give results as you
would expect, that would help me with testing. Not just the titles, as you
gave for "Taj Mahal" but the actual UPC values themselves, along with the
titles. Just a couple would be enough. Maybe one or two that work
successfully as well.

Thanks,