[Tellico-users] Music recognition

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Sun Nov 1 00:26:09 UTC 2009

On Friday 23 October 2009, Axel Gerber wrote:
> There is a CD named "Peace Sign" the artist is named WAR (actually
> extremely cool music, one of my favourites).
>
> via upcscan I found it on amazon and actually you can find it also when
> you just go to amazon.com or .de and search for it normally as you wanna
> buy it.
>
> After importing there is an almost empty entry but correctly shows title
> and artist. Now I click "update" and chose amazon.de and it finds
> nothing,

The update does a search by Artist, and there are so many results that match
War that the one you want doesn't actually show up in the first 25 results.
That updater should probably be a bit smarter and look for title, too.

> BTW: how can I make a CD in the drive to get scanned/searched via cddb or
> freeddb?

Tellico has to be compiled with CDDB support. It's in the File->Import->From
Audio  CD.