[Tellico-users] New to list with a question or suggestion related to both Tellico and Android phone apps...

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 23:22:11 UTC 2009

Hello,
	I just signed up, having recently started using Tellico. I also recently acquired the new Motorola Droid phone and have discovered some of the android apps available. "Barcode Scanner" is a wonderful app allowing the user to scan barcodes of items and compare their prices with prices listed online.
What I would like to see become available at some time is the ability to use the phone with a similar barcode scanning app to scan items to be imported into Tellico. The barcode scanner could get, for instance, the ISBN number of a book or movie and store that info for later loading into Tellico.
It would sure be nice to be able to pull various books from the shelf, quickly scan the code from each one, and then save the collection to a file. After importing into Tellico, then the tools to look those ISBN codes up online could be used like normal. This could avoid having to pull a book one at a time, sit at the computer and creating a new item for each book or movie, then manually type each ISBN number.
Any thoughts?

John C.