[Tellico-users] tellico, ubuntu and citations in openoffice

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Tue Dec 1 05:03:42 UTC 2009

On Monday 30 November 2009, Frank Wolff wrote:
> Dear Robby and all the others,
>
> I am running a bibliography with tellico 1.3.5 and Openoffice 3.1.0
> under ubuntu 9.04. For my reasons tellico is just a brilliant tool!
> Thanks fpr writing it. I've been using tellico for years, but citing is
> a real plague. Today I gave the openoffice export another try: I wish to
> cite an entry from the bibliography in openoffice. The button in tellico
> is black, but if I click on "Cite Entry in OpenOffice.org" nothing
> happens. For some reasons the citation won't appear in openoffice. Why?
>
> Basically: What do I have to do in order to make it appear? I am really
> sorry for posting such a stupid question but I can't find an answer
> anywhere.

These were the old directions:
http://periapsis.org/archives/2006/01/06/tellico_and_openofficeorg.html

You might need to run oowriter with the pipe support.

I think the citation insertion changed in openoffice 3, so if that's what
you're using, it probably won't work. And I actually removed the ooo
citation code for the latest versions since it didn't work and there wasn't
any real use, as far as I could tell.