Problem using the tag.lib

Pedro Mitidieri mitidieripedro at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 19:55:45 BST 2023

 Hello,

I have a problem while trying to link taglib to my simple project, which is
done in windows with Qt 5.15 and C++.

I have followed the steps of the installation guide. As a result, I have 3
folders named bin, include and lib and I have copied them into the folder
of my project inside a folder called taglib. So the path to the include
folder would be:
$root_folder_of_project$/taglib/include .

Once I have them there, I have modified the CMakeList.txt to try to use it
in my project. To accomplish this, I have added the following lines:
add_subdirectory("./taglib")
target_link_libraries(AudioDatabaseManager PRIVATE
"absolute_path_to_root_folder\\taglib\\lib")

The line: *target_link_libraries*(...) I have added just after the
*target_link_libraries()
*used for connecting the other Qt libraries.

After these steps, QT Creator 10.0.2 is able to autocomplete the path to
the files and autocomplete the classes and their methods. So, I am assuming
that it has worked. However, when I try to build, it fails. The error that
I am encountering is :
[image: image.png]

I have been searching for some response for some days and I couldn't find
anything.

I would like to ask which may be the issue and what I am doing wrong in the
procedure.

Thank you,

Pedro Mitidieri