Shared file .so not created after make install

Mayank Mishra mayank.space at gmail.com
Mon May 29 23:31:10 BST 2023

Hi
I am using puppylinux on raspi and installing kodi from package manager. I
got the error that libtag.so.1 is not found. As TagLib was not provided by
package manager, I built it from source.
I issued the cmake, make, make install commands. The program installed
without errors in /usr/local but the shared so file is broken.
I see a broken libtag.so file symlinked to non-existing libtag.so.1.
How can I get this shared lib so that I can get kodi to work.

Thanks for your help