Next release

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Thu Jun 22 15:02:40 BST 2023

On Jun 22, 2023, at 04:30, Scott Wheeler <scott at taglib.org> wrote:

> - Mining the taglib2 branch for API changes that we might want to consider before another potentially decades long ABI freeze.  (Basically using it as a sanity check:  are there any virtual functions that need to added?)
> - Renaming the taglib2 branch to “experimental” or something to avoid the current confusion.

Am I to understand from this that an ABI update is in prospect here? I’ve had things on my wish list for taglib (support for EBU 3285 and AES46) for years that I’ve never really pushed on because of the situation with being locked into the KDE ABI. If in fact a window for such changes is opening, I’d be very interested in helping to make such support happen.

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                                         -- Cicero   |