Questions about making a wrapper package in flutter

th li a598919335 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 14:03:34 BST 2023

Hello TagLib team!

I'm writing a personal music player in Flutter.

May I make a wrapper package in flutter so that the player can use TagLib?
Both the package and music player are free and open source, and are not
commercial software.

The wrapper package will use some wrapper C code to call TagLib APIs and
expose them to the dart side, it will not make changes in TagLib source
code (except CMakeLists.txt I think, because the default target is not a
shared object).

TagLib uses LGPL and MPL license, I'm not sure:
1. May I compile TagLib and my wrapper C code to the same shared object,
and call from the dart side?
2. Or may I compile my code to another shared library and use dynamic
3. Should I change my package or musicplayer's license to LGPL if I make
the wrapper package in 1. or 2.?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

realth000