Is TagLib alive?

Scott Wheeler scott at taglib.org
Tue Jan 14 17:07:50 GMT 2020

> On Jan 13, 2020, at 13:36, Dmitry Victorov <dmitry.viktorov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I would like to develop a utility for tags management and I've found TagLib would be ideal choice for that. But I'm a little confused that the last change was 3 years ago. Is the library still alive or is it outdated and not supported anymore?

The last release was 3 years ago, but the last commits were a four months ago:

https://github.com/taglib/taglib

The last two maintainers of the project aren't active anymore, but I've half-way taken that back over since I was the original author.

I prepared a beta release in September.  At the moment I'm in the process of moving to a new apartment, but hope to have some time to cycle back to do the real release in February.

My general opinion is that TagLib does need bug fixes, but that it doesn't need a lot of new development.  The project is 15 years old and has a fixed scope, so I see it more as "mature" rather than "dead".  ;-)