TagLib 1.12 beta 1

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Sun Oct 6 15:50:28 BST 2019

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 08:33:55AM +0200, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> Hi folks --
>
> It's been about 3 years since the last release, and there are some
> critical bugs out in the wild that are fixed in the current master.
> Kageyu, who's handled the last few releases, hasn't been active in the
> project recently, so I've tried to step back in to prepare a new
> release.
>
> I've been reviewing patches and bug reports for the last two weeks and
> tried to get things merged in that seemed appropriate.
>
> I've already reviewed the API changes since 1.11.1, which are minimal.
> The primary things are patches I've myself written this week:
>
> - Switch to using enums rather than boolean / int params for saving
> ID3v2 tags:
>
> https://github.com/taglib/taglib/commit/b8dc105ae3ae5948ac6c7e3a45d5e4d6d846bd75#diff-75f1a22c15acdb90f00138e2b74f253fR226
>
> - Introduce a deprecated API annotation and use it where appropriate:
>
> https://github.com/taglib/taglib/commit/c05fa78406fd8ce7382a11c1f63a17c4bfbe83fa
>
> I'll do a more comprehensive review of the code changes when
> generating a changelog for the release annoucement.
>
> Here's the Github-generated zip of the source at the beta-1 tag:
>
> https://github.com/taglib/taglib/archive/v1.12-beta-1.zip
>
> I would appreciate it if everyone who's tracking this list and still
> actively using TagLib could give the package a try.  My goal is to
> either release 1.12 or 1.12-beta-2 in approximately 10 days, depending
> on what, if any, changes come after the first beta.

So it's taken me some time to notice this message but I've taken the
liberty of trying out the beta (actually current git) against JuK.

Apparently we've been using a deprecated method this whole time for
cover art support, so was able to fix that in JuK, and everything else
still works. No issues from my end.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne