Problem linking with taglib

Dave Plummer dave at lwdp.me.uk
Thu Oct 4 11:36:40 BST 2018

Hi,

I am tearing my hair out trying to link with a taglib installation that I
have just built.

I am in Visual Studio 2017 Community on Windows 10 64bit

I have built taglib running CMAKE (GUI) then build and INSTALL

I am now building the tagreader example targeting Win32

I get a sheaf of LNK2019 errors such as the following:

1>------ Build started: Project: ConsoleApplication1, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------

1>ConsoleApplication1.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual __thiscall
TagLib::String::~String(void)" (__imp_??1String at TagLib@@UAE at XZ) referenced
in function _main

1>ConsoleApplication1.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: unsigned int __thiscall
TagLib::String::size(void)const " (__imp_?size at String@TagLib@@QBEIXZ)
referenced in function _main

I assume that I have created some conflict between dynamic and static
linking. My intention was to link taglib statically, I have got the objects
in my library path and added them as dependencies. Probably this is my
failure to set something correctly in CMAKE.

Please could someone give me a pointer for where to look for the source of
this issue. I have tried as hard as I can and am getting nowhere.

Many thanks

Dave

Dave Plummer

Norwich UK