taglib & Unicode

Francois Court francois.court at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 00:42:42 UTC 2017

I'm using taglib for a media file management system (Linux/Windows) - file
names are stored in a sqlite db (thus in utf8) and I ran into the following
issues (under Windows):

   - in the function std::wstring ansiToUnicode(const char *str)
   (tiostream.cpp), the conversion uses MultiByteToWideChar with AC_ACP; I had
   to change it to AC_UTF8 so that file names with special characters would be
   converted correctly, for Windows to open the file later on with CreateFileW
   - in std::ostream &operator<<(std::ostream &s, const TagLib::String
   &str), file tstring.cpp, str.to8Bit() is called with the default Unicode
   set to false, whereas it seems that it should rather be true

Great library!

François