Interest in large file support?

Ben Coburn ben at roonlabs.com
Fri Mar 3 21:00:09 UTC 2017

Hi all,

It's possible I'm posting this to the wrong place, but I couldn't find
anything better.  Please let me know if that's the case.

I'm a developer with www.roonlabs.com, we use TagLib as part of our
product.  I'm currently working on updating our internal fork to be based
on the current version, from version 1.7.0.  One of the things we've added
is support for files larger than 2gb, something we absolutely need in our
product.

I'm happy to do all the dev work required, would TagLib be interested in a
patch converting the various file size/offset/etc values to use a 64bit
type?

Also, is there any sort of information for contributors I should be aware
of?

Our fork is on Github, I'll keep it up to date as I make more changes:
https://github.com/RoonLabs/taglib

Thanks,
Ben Coburn