Any appetite for a 'normalisation' layer over non-std tags?

Adam Szmigin adam.szmigin at xsco.net
Tue Apr 11 11:58:24 UTC 2017

Hi Michael,

On 2017-04-11 09:01, Michael Helmling wrote:
> yes indeed, you should use File::properties() instead of
> Tag::properties() for now because of the non-virtuality of
> Tag::properties() (which has binary compatibility reasons).

This is what I am currently doing, and I shall continue to take this
approach - thanks for confirming.

> Still, there is no need for a "normalization" layer because it is
> already there.

Ok, so the Tag class is the normalisation layer, but only for the 7
'standard' fields.  I suppose my question has now evolved slightly: is
there appetite for adding additional fields (such as composer, album
artist, etc.) into the Tag class, either now or in taglib2?

Many thanks,

--
Adam