MP4 with ID3v2 metadata

odefta at medjava.ro odefta at medjava.ro
Wed Oct 26 23:24:16 UTC 2016

This metadata is called "ID32 box".

This it the description from an old exe file that supported that:

For MPEG-4 files meta-data can be embedded in an iTunes compatible way, in 3GP files meta-data is usually embedded as asset data.
However, both file formats allow the inclusion of ID3 tags in a so called ID32 box, which is more flexible and thus could be used to extend/replace the other meta-data.

The following settings can be chosen:
0 - no ID32 box - only iTunes or asset meta-data (default)
1 - complementary - ID32 box will be used to extend iTunes or asset meta-data
2 - duplicate - all meta-data will be stored in an ID32 box AND as iTunes or
asset meta-data
3 - only ID32 box - no iTunes or asset meta-data will be used