TagLib v1.11 BETA released

Tsuda Kageyu tsuda.kageyu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 05:59:56 UTC 2016

Hi all! We are happy to announce the release of TagLib v1.11 BETA.

Though it's only two months and a half since we released v1.10, we have
fixed several bugs and merged a number of long-standing pull requests. So
I'd like to have an enough "beta period" to make sure if it works fine.

I'd like to thank everybody who contributed to this release.

Download:

http://taglib.github.io/releases/taglib-1.11beta.tar.gz

Documentation:

http://taglib.github.io/api/

Changes in this release:

* New API for creating FileRef from IOStream.
* Added support for ID3v2 PCST and WFED frames.
* Added support for pictures in XiphComment.
* Added String::clear().
* Added FLAC::File::strip() for removing non-standard tags.
* Added alternative functions to XiphComment::removeField().
* Added BUILD_BINDINGS build option.
* Added ENABLE_CCACHE build option.
* Replaced ENABLE_STATIC build option with BUILD_SHARED_LIBS.
* Better handling of duplicate ID3v2 tags in all kinds of files.
* Better handling of duplicate tag chunks in WAV files.
* Better handling of duplicate tag chunks in AIFF files.
* Better handling of duplicate Vorbis comment blocks in FLAC files.
* Better handling of broken MPEG audio frames.
* Fixed crash when calling File::properties() after strip().
* Fixed crash when parsing certain MPEG files.
* Fixed crash when saving Ogg files.
* Fixed possible file corruptions when saving ASF files.
* Fixed possible file corruptions when saving FLAC files.
* Fixed possible file corruptions when saving MP4 files.
* Fixed possible file corruptions when saving MPEG files.
* Fixed possible file corruptions when saving APE files.
* Fixed possible file corruptions when saving Musepack files.
* Fixed possible file corruptions when saving WavPack files.
* Fixed updating the comment field of Vorbis comments.
* Fixed reading date and time in ID3v2.3 tags.
* Marked ByteVector::null and ByteVector::isNull() deprecated.
* Marked String::null and ByteVector::isNull() deprecated.
* Marked XiphComment::removeField() deprecated.
* Marked Ogg::Page::getCopyWithNewPageSequenceNumber() deprecated. It
returns null.
* Marked custom integer types deprecated.
* Many smaller bug fixes and performance improvements.

Kageyu